Individual IVC Connection Policy
USU supports multiple applications to allow participants to join a USU IVC (Internet Video Conference) event from a computer rather than in a classroom. These applications include, CMA (formerly Acano), and WebEx.
If you are unable to participate during the scheduled course time, due to illness or travel, the instructor can:
- Provide supplemental content online.
- Record the broadcast using Panopto. (NOTE: Not all origination rooms are Panopto enabled. The instructor should confirm with their local center technical support.)
- Arrange for the student to attend the course from a USU Center by contacting email@example.com.
Those who are out-of-state or can not participate due to other special circumstances must:
- Obtain approval to connect remotely. Instructors need approval from their Department Head. Students need approval from their instructor.
- The request and the above approvals must be submitted at least 2 weeks before the class or event to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The individual must verify they have sufficient system requirements, including a location with sufficient bandwidth and dedicated technology/network support (for firewall adjustments). These applications are typically not approved for hotel or in-home use.
- Schedule a successful test connection from the same location and using the same hardware that will be used for the actual event.
The USU E-Learning and System Support team will work with USU campuses and students for approval, logistical and technology support for these applications. For information or assistance email email@example.com or call 435-797-7009.